Thursday, January 26, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
Auditioned for an Old Navy commercial a few days ago. I walked into the waiting room and there were three familiar faces, faces I was once acquainted with from the audition circuit in New York. I felt at home! Yea! New York has come to me! Then I remembered...these faces are the faces that beat me out of almost every commercial featuring black girls with curly hair. Maybe I should straighten my hair.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
10. Taking a back seat at a new church for afternoon service and discovering I'm at a funeral.
9. Walking by the casket to see who the party's for.
8. Popping an Altoid thinking it's "E" and waiting for the high that never came. My breath was curiously fresh
7. Being told to take off my socks to get a pedicure. I wasn't wearing socks.
6. Getting pelted by my own tampons after opening the overhead bin on a crowded flight.
5. First Grade, Second Grade, Third Grade,... Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Sixth Grade...etc.
4. Refusing to serve alcohol to a pregnant woman who wasn't so pregnant after all.
3. Being taken on a 1st date to Guy's dad's birthday party.
2. Unintentionally belching a manly"Hi" in Guy's dad's face as we shake hands. (There were no further dates.)
1. My unattainable high school crush greets me with an enthusiastic "Hey!" I blush and squeal "Hey!" He hugs the girl behind me.